• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Are Actuarial Exams useful?

Hi

I've been unsuccessful in landing any internships, possibly due to lack of networking and programming skills. I've only taken linear algebra, multivariable calc, intro microecon, and intermediate macroecon.

I've been studying probability and some econ over the summer and would like to know if the actuarial exam P and/or FM (financial mathematics) would be helpful for landing any internships. I think that since I don't have a lot of things to vouch for my skills besides the grades on my transcript, passing a few exams could show that I am qualified and knowledgeable in the subject. However, the exams are quite pricey, so I'd like to know if the registration costs are worth it.

Thank you for your advice.

Back