• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Ask for help, UPenn SE vs Geogia Tech OR ?

Guys, I receive admissions of UPenn's systems engineering and Geogia Tech's operations research program.

As is known,Geogia Tech is super famous for its IE/OR school while UPenn has the Ivy League brand,although the program itself is not so excellent. However,UPenn's program is 1 year's long and as an international student, I'm worried about the career opportunities. In addition, I'm not sure about the city of Atlanta,what about the intern opportunities there compared with the northeast?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated

PS: I'm on the waiting list of Columbia's OR program.Does anyone knows when I can get the final decision? Since I have to reply Geogia Tech before April.15,I feel a little anxious.

UPenn:
required core: probability,Introduction to Optimization Theory,Engineering Economics,Simulation Modeling and Analysis
2 electives from ESE Department,1 electives from SEAS,1 electives from SEAS,SAS or Wharton

Geogia Tech:
required core: Deterministic Optimization,Probabilistic Models and Their Applications,Simulation ,Mathematical Statistics I ,xxxx Computing*
15 hrs technical electives

What is your goal at the end?

The finance is not my purpose goal.Actually, I applied to OR instead of FE, just because it have a wider field for career development.

From my experience with GTech alumni, one of my most favorite profs. in hindsight was from there, and he is really an astounding person and insanely smart.

Back