• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best for International student!!

Hey guys,

I've decided on the universities I intend to apply to for the MSF. However, as an international student, I'm a bit concerned about how to fund the program.

Although, this is primarily a MFE website, my question still applies. Any idea what the best universities are for providing financial aid for international students?

Also, if the situation arises that I am not able to fund the program myself, what are my options? Anyone who wants to share their experiences with me would be a great help.

Thanks!!

Does be not able to fund yourself imply being unable to take education loan also? Otherwise, you can take loan from your country or if you know someone who is a US citizen or permanent resident, you can take loan from US also.

International students are the the most lucrative source of revenue for education programs so you are best for them because you pay full ride, not the other way around.
You will likely find some small scholarship if you find very hard but they should not be in any means the deciding factor for your choice.

Financial aid is a term used exclusively for domestic students. You should search for programs with merit-based scholarships, not need-based.

Your options are limited if you can't afford the tuition. Wait till you can.

In the USA, the following universities provide teaching assitantships to MFE students, so you can get the degree for free.
Purdue University
UNC-Charlotte
Georgia Tech
In Europe, the MSF programs at the following universities are free for international students:
ETH-Zurich
EPFL-Switzerland
St. Gallen
ULM-Germany
Stockholm School of Economics

Who would like to go to a college in Kashmir... even if i am paid for studying i will not even think...

In the USA, the following universities provide teaching assitantships to MFE students, so you can get the degree for free.
Purdue University
UNC-Charlotte
Georgia Tech
In Europe, the MSF programs at the following universities are free for international students:
ETH-Zurich
EPFL-Switzerland
St. Gallen
ULM-Germany
Stockholm School of Economics

ETH and Stockholm school are the best places on that list.

"In mitigation, there's some good scenery and some rock climbing to be done there."

Right...... only at the risk of being shot straight in you head or being kidnapped for the demand of getting a terrorist released.

Back