• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Binomial Model - Plotting time evolution of Derivative

I have created a binomial tree of 100 steps for pricing European call. The matrix A (100x100) has option prices. Now, how do I plot time evolution of Derivative?
Plotting 10,000 time pts with 10000 option price doesnt make sense. I dont know which price to choose as the tree grows eg at 50 time point there are 50 possible option price.
I looked at Derivagem (Hull) where they plot option price v/s time with only 25 data points. I cant see underlying assumptions as the VBA code is password protected.

If you mean you want to plot all the paths out, I would suggest you give up. Because there are 2^100 different paths within your 100 -step binomial tree. Simulating paths is a necessary procedure in Monte-Carlo simulation, which however produces far less possible paths than a large binomial tree. Thus plotting all the paths out in a binomial tree is mission impossible.

For illustration purpose, you could plot part of the paths out. You only need to set up an algorithm to pick an arbitrary path out. You could consider U^100, where U is a 1-0 random variable.

Back