• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Birkbeck MFE

Hi guys,

has anyone heard about the MFE programme at Birkbeck university of London? do graduates stand a chance in the market if your're MFE is not from a big brand Uni such as Imperial College or Oxford considering there are not many MFE courses available in London...

Hi. I'm actually from the UK and studied at UCL. Sorry to say Birbeck isnt really considered a top tier program so although they offer the MFE, its gonna be hard finding a position in the UK following that. Esp considered against other graduates from Oxbridge and LSE. LSE have other programs, have a look at the MSC in Finance, its more quant than a lot in the sector. Cambridge have a program also I believe.

Hi guys,

has anyone heard about the MFE programme at Birkbeck university of London? do graduates stand a chance in the market if your're MFE is not from a big brand Uni such as Imperial College or Oxford considering there are not many MFE courses available in London...

Imperial, King's, LSE and City Uni all offer programs.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

City cass business school offers two courses which are similar, which one of these are more technical and suitable for quant development:

MSc in Quantitative Finance
MSc in Financial Mathematics
Mathematical trading & Finance

I have an undergraduate in CS and have been working as a software engineer for a few years but looking to get into quant development.

Back