• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Bloomberg - All bonds for one ISIN: Not possible ?!?!?

Dear Community,

I have been struggling around the whole with the following problem. According to the Bloomberg help system, there is no straightforward way to do that:

(1) I have a list of ISIN (let's say two) in Excel (or sql).
(2) For each ISIN I would like to download all available bond price data, i.e. all bonds for that company with all coupon rates and all maturities the company provides.

It is hard for to believe, that there is no possibility to automate such a request. I'm sure there many people around the world doing such downloads.

Thanks in advance.

There is a non-zero probability of doing that - use the Bloomberg API in Excel if you have ISINs in Excel and if the whole work is to be done for Excel analysis. Otherwise, if it is for some expert system, use the Bloomberg API with C++/C#.

Back