• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Boston MSMFT Boston University: Mathematical Finance Interview

Hello everyone,
I have received a mail for an interview by Boston University.
I would like to know if any members here too have received an invitation.

What should I expect in the interview? Any important things to keep in mind?
I would really appreciate any kind of help

Thanks!

Hi Utkal,
Even I have received a mail for an interview.

Hey Aniket
When have you scheduled it? any preparation?
I think they mostly ask about the things that we have mentioned in the Essay.

Aniket anoop
According to our Tracker, applicants who have an interview with Boston MSMF program have a very high admit rate. Only one case in our Tracker where an interview resulted in a reject.
This may be correlation/causation thing but very well maybe of the luck factor that many applicants who use the Tracker tool experience over the years.
So go ahead and add all your cases to the Tracker and wait for it to turn green.

Thanks Andy
But is there anything specific to keep in mind for the interview? Anything particular that they expect from us?

Does BU MSMF actually interview a selected lot or the invitations are extended to all the applicants? I am asking this because I had submitted my complete application on 6th February and I received interview invitation email on 8th February. It seems surprising that the admission committee has reviewed my application in a day and found me suitable enough to be interviewed in such a short span.

Does BU MSMF actually interview a selected lot or the invitations are extended to all the applicants? I am asking this because I had submitted my complete application on 6th February and I received interview invitation email on 8th February. It seems surprising that the admission committee has reviewed my application in a day and found me suitable enough to be interviewed in such a short span.
Am not sure if they interview everyone or a selected few. But they are actually pretty quick with reviewing finished applications. I submitted mine on 30th Nov(deadline day for round 1), got mails for some missing docs right after and then interview call on 6th.

hi~~How's your interview going? I scheduled it on 27th, do you have any advice for preparation? It seems that they will interview about 100 applicants, and I was just wondering how much chances can we get admitted......
Hi
I scheduled it on 15th when have u guys scheduled it.

I submitted all my application material by 15th Feb .. Havent received any reply from them yet :/ Can anyone tell me if this means a rejection? As everyone seems to be getting calls for interviews within a week! Also can the ones who have received the interview calls share their profiles with the rest of us.. so that we can get a feel of things.. Thanks! And good luck to all of you! :)

Probably not. I submitted on Nov 31st but only got interviewed yesterday. Regular behavioral questions.

I submitted all my application material by 15th Feb .. Havent received any reply from them yet :/ Can anyone tell me if this means a rejection? As everyone seems to be getting calls for interviews within a week! Also can the ones who have received the interview calls share their profiles with the rest of us.. so that we can get a feel of things.. Thanks! And good luck to all of you! :)
You can compare profiles to other applicants here. Add your timelines there as well to track your progress
https://www.quantnet.com/forum/tracker/?filters[program_id]=14

Only a 15 minute interview, very quick. They ask about your resume, your interest in the program, etc...

Back