• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ and its applications in Finance

Dr. Duffy of Datasim, happens to be a member here..maybe you can pose you questions directly to him

i dnt thnk its proper to post the question to him,we need a third part input inorder to decide

Datasim has a number of C++ courses, depending on the background level. If you tell which one I can get some feeback from students who took/take my courses dduffy ATT datasim.nl

Posting questions regarding contents and style as well is fine as far as I am concerned. What you prefer.

advice

the name of the course is C++ and its application in finance(distance )

please also adivce on the payment.i saw from your website that it cost 599 so i want to know if payment is a lump sum or you pay in insallments per module.

I sent an email to Datasim (info@datasim.nl) still waiting for a reply.

Hi masuga.
We did not receive an email info AT datasim.nl. When did you send it?
D

I am currently pursuing BFE, I want to know if C++ and its application in finance can help me.

"I am currently pursuing BFE, I want to know if C++ and its application in finance can help me. "

This particular course starts the fundamentals C++ (and a bit of needed C), OOP and builds on toward inheritance, templates and STL. At the end we do pricing using Monte Carlo, lattice and PDE models. And a few useful design patterns.

You can view the videos/audios, get the source code and books. I even help with a project if you wish to do one.

<!-- / message -->

I've read that C++ is used extensively. However, I think this is a mistake and a legacy of the past. Having coded in C++ 10 years ago at an advanced level, it is really a dated and lower level then needed for anything that is not time critical. Although it benefits from universality.

I would recommend to learn it but C# is a better language. Many universities still teach Java which I think is far less useful then C# or C++.

Many universities still teach Java which I think is far less useful then C# or C++.

I don't think this is very accurate. Would you care to explain?

C# is Windows stuff that competes with Java. If we work on Linux/Unix platform, standard C++ is still the best choice.

Back