• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Course Quality

Hi folks, I am interested in taking the C++ course and I am curious to know:

1. After this course, what will I be able to do? For example, will I know how to code a trading strategy and link it to my personal accounts to use as preparation for an MFE program?

2. What kind of trading skills will I learn?
1. After completing this certificate you will be able to efficiently price derivatives given the standard parameters, apply MC Simulation in pricing, compute portfolio sensitivities, use Boost libraries and Statistical distributions, build classes and use OOP and GP, as well as to build basic algorithms and efficient code design in a decent level.

2. You won't learn any trading techniques.

This course is quite advanced, and if you are beginner with programming or C++ in general, you will find it challenging. However, if you make it, you will know everything that is necessary for successful MFE studies, you will be given plenty ready-to-use algorithms, and you will implement several techniques throughout the course that you will find useful later on.

As for the coding skills, this course will train you at a competitive level, but becoming a good coder takes more than a certificate and is an endless procedure. Be sure that, starting here, you will acquire all the necessary "tools" in order to advance yourself later on in the industry or for personal development of any kind.

...let alone the job offers you will get from recruiters in LinkedIn ;)

1. After completing this certificate you will be able to efficiently price derivatives given the standard parameters, apply MC Simulation in pricing, compute portfolio sensitivities, use Boost libraries and Statistical distributions, build classes and use OOP and GP, as well as to build basic algorithms and efficient code design in a decent level.

2. You won't learn any trading techniques.

This course is quite advanced, and if you are beginner with programming or C++ in general, you will find it challenging. However, if you make it, you will know everything that is necessary for successful MFE studies, you will be given plenty ready-to-use algorithms, and you will implement several techniques throughout the course that you will find useful later on.

As for the coding skills, this course will train you at a competitive level, but becoming a good coder takes more than a certificate and is an endless procedure. Be sure that, starting here, you will acquire all the necessary "tools" in order to advance yourself later on in the industry or for personal development of any kind.

...let alone the job offers you will get from recruiters in LinkedIn ;)
Interesting. Can you give me any insight into your LinkedIn comment? What types of job offers are you getting and how did you market this certificate on LinkedIn to attract recruiters?

Interesting. Can you give me any insight into your LinkedIn comment? What types of job offers are you getting and how did you market this certificate on LinkedIn to attract recruiters?
From personal experience talking, this certificate is very respected and valuable to have. Of course you can have it in your resume, but if you are seeking for such jobs, it would be smart to have it in your LinkedIn account. I found out that recruiters who seek C++ developers will find you in their search and reach out with offers. However, this is not guaranteed by the course, and you still need to have advanced skills to get hired. But again, having it and being good at it and always improving based the material of this certificate, definitely draws attention and makes you skilled.

I personally had 5-6 offers over the past 4 months, by simply mentioning that I completed the certificate with distinction and I code ever since, while at the same time I assist in the forums for my own knowledge and benefit. :)

Btw, that's my case, not a general rule. At the end of the day, it's really up to your personal effort and commitment to make it happen. It's not a magical berry you eat and suddenly everyone wants to hire you. But I assume you realize that already.

MFEs never teach students programming language and coding...So it is essential that you know programming well before starting it.

QuantNet's C++ course covers the ABCs of C++ and some applications in financial engineering. It's never guaranteed that you will have a great advantage with this certificate in admissions, because it depends on many factors of your profile. But I think it is guaranteed that you will have a good preparation for your future programming studies in MFE, and even your future career.

Hi folks, I am interested in taking the C++ course and I am curious to know:

1. After this course, what will I be able to do? For example, will I know how to code a trading strategy and link it to my personal accounts to use as preparation for an MFE program?

2. What kind of trading skills will I learn?
1: this is not a course on how to trade.
2: A good knowledge of C++ with applications to Monte Carlo, PDE.

Then next stage is to create applications in C++. This you learn by programming like mad in real life. It's like judo, practice a throw 10,000 times until it is automatic :)

edit: Forgot to say: I am the originator of this C++ course.

Last edited:
Back