• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ for FE

Is a prior knowledge of finance (black-scholes, monte-carlo methods etc.) required for the last part of the C++ for FE course?

Is a prior knowledge of finance (black-scholes, monte-carlo methods etc.) required for the last part of the C++ for FE course?
No. In fact, this is a direct quote from the instructions for level 9.

"It is not expected to have the full financial or mathematical background to the enclosed formulae; the focus is on being able to program these formulae in C++."

Thank you.
Also, how many times can the final exam be given? And what happens if it cannot be cleared on the first try?

Thank you.
Also, how many times can the final exam be given? And what happens if it cannot be cleared on the first try?
You can only take the final once. In our experience with thousands of enrolled students, it is rare that someone that has advanced to the final exam will fail it. It is accumulative of all the levels prior to it.

Hi
I just started level1 but i do not know how to use visual studio. please can someone give me detailed steps to access the files and projects already given and also how to make our own files and projects.

Hi
I just started level1 but i do not know how to use visual studio. please can someone give me detailed steps to access the files and projects already given and also how to make our own files and projects.
The first link below will give a brief intro on how to install visual studio. The second link will tell you how to open the files.

1) FAQ: C++ for Financial Engineering Online Course
2) https://quantnet.com/threads/have-t...e-in-mac-visual-studio-2019.44428/post-271173

Back