• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can I ask you how to calculate risk-weighted assets

Dear colleagues,
Can I ask you to show an example, how to calculate the risk-weighted assets (RWA) for a corporate bank having percent swap and currency forward.
Thank you!

Do you have RWA without IR swap and FX Forward? If not, you will probably have to go through Basel documentations.

To be exactly, I have a corporate client А with IR swap of 100 Mio USD, fair value of - 5 Mio. USD and Maturity 4,5 years, and FX Forward of 50 Mio USD, fair value of 10 Mio. rub and Maturity 1,5 years

For Client B is a big international bank, with whom we have ISDA,
I have IR swap of 20 Mio USD, fair value of - 0,1 Mio. USD and Maturity 7 years, and
FX Forward of of 100 Mio USD, fair value of -10 Mio rub. and Maturity 0,5 Years.

Can you please write down how the IRW for this two cases and overall IRW is calculated for this two cases and the appropriate cost of capital.
Do appreciate your help!

Last edited:
To be exactly, I have a corporate client А with IR swap of 100 Mio USD, fair value of - 5 Mio. USD and Maturity 4,5 years, and FX Forward of 50 Mio USD, fair value of 10 Mio. rub and Maturity 1,5 years

For Client B is a big international bank, with whom we have ISDA,
I have IR swap of 20 Mio USD, fair value of - 0,1 Mio. USD and Maturity 7 years, and
FX Forward of of 100 Mio USD, fair value of -10 Mio rub. and Maturity 0,5 Years.

Can you please write down how the IRW for this two cases and overall IRW is calculated for this two cases and the appropriate cost of capital.
Do appreciate your help!
Still interested, if somebody can assist with this;)

Back