• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can I crash at your place?

Sam Harris

Space Systems Engineer
I'm flying in for the Financial Mathematics Career Fair on the 26th. I would like to meet you guys in person, and I also might need a place to stay. I have a friend in Columbia who works at Morgan Stanley, but he lives on Long Island and has a family, so he is unsure whether I will be able to stay with him. Does anyone have room on their floor (or an air mattress) that I could snag Thursday night and possibly Friday night as well?

Thanks!
Sam

I'll ask around, one of my friends lives alone but he works till late at night.

Two weeks away and still I am homeless... Anyone? I'll compensate you if necessary... If there is a reasonably priced hotel near NYU that is also clean and safe, let me know.

Thanks,
Sam

If there is a reasonably priced hotel near NYU that is also clean and safe, let me know.

"Reasonably price" are the key words. I don't live in the city anymore so I can't offer you any help :(

Try priceline. I remember getting ridiculous deals in NY city all the time.

Hope you find someone in the city with a spare sofa. Most of us live in outer boroughs or further. sorry I can't help but keep me updated

try craigslist.org, sometimes you can find someone doing a "by the night" sublet that would be cheaper than a hotel.

Andy,

Is there a way to split off the second half of this thread into a new thread? There's some good info here for discussion buried in a post about finding a place to sleep.#-o

Andy,

Is there a way to split off the second half of this thread into a new thread? There's some good info here for discussion buried in a post about finding a place to sleep.#-o
This is probably the first time I have to split a thread. It means most discussions are on topic ;)
Let's call the new thread "NYU Career Fair discussion"

Back