• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can I get into a top MFE program now?

I took the GRE last friday and here are my unofficial scores:

Q:800
V:700

Further background:
Washington University in St. Louis Class of 2009
Major in Mathematics
GPA 3.65/4.00

I have worked with MATLAB, R, SAS, and VBA; however, I have never worked with C++.

I have worked at an asset management firm that specializes in fixed income for 2 years in a consultant role. Consultants perform a variety of tasks, including structuring portfolios, creating VBA-based models to streamline processes, writing economic summaries and research papers, and supporting marketing staff.

Can I get into a top program now? Or should I take a C++ class and CFA level I and wait another year?

sir,
i took the gre and my scores are
790-quants
490-verbal
4.5-awa
also,
my gpa is 3.0/4.0
i have done internship twice at NSE(National Stock Exchange -INDIA) but have no work experience.
also i have certificates in c++, matlab, vb...
do i stand a chance to get into top 10-15 mfe colleges mentioned on this site.
i shall be obliged if you could answer my queries.

Back