• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

can I make it to Baruch with these GRE scores

Just came out of my GRE exam. Q=770 and V=480 :-(

Recent admission trends at Baruch shows my score is insufficient to get into their fulltime. Does anyone know if my scores would atleast get me into their part time program.

I work on the street around equities IT. I have few papers, patents from my last employer; I am sitting for CFA Level II this summer and currently taking pre-req courses from UCB/Haas MFE. My masters GPA is 3.85.

Plan B is to retake GRE in summer and apply for NYU parttime for next spring, but that is an year from now.

What should be my strategies for applying to Baruch and NYU this fall with above GRE scores.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The admission requirements for the Baruch MFE Program are the same for full-time and part-time admission.

Step A: Retake GRE.
Step B: If Q =800, go to step C. Not, repeat A
Step C: Apply

I'm not going to doubt your math ability but GRE Q isn't Putnam. If you think you can do MFE, you should get 800 with a week or two of review. You should have seen all the material in the exam. If not, you are not ready.

In my opinion, the successful applicants and students are those that don't have to spend to much time to worry/get 800Q.

Keep in mind that over 50% applicants of top programs got 800, and a majority of them of 780-790. And why would anyone want to be perceived as lesser qualified?

Back