• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career and growth prospects in Quantitative Finance

Hi,

I'm a recent undergrad in Computer science and engineering, I am passionate about in finance and planning to do masters in Quantitative finance in US. I am little knowledge in the Investment banking industry. I did my research into to the profiles of students pursuing this course, most of them have a majors in mathematics, statistics or economics. Would this be disadvantage for me when i apply to universities and internships at company? I realized that most universities in US offer 2 year MS in Financial engineering while others in UK offer them as 1 year MSc course, is there any difference between them and its value in the financial industry any advice or suggestion would be greatly helpful Thanks!

As long as you have the required coursework by a certain program, you can apply for there. The competition is stiff where top programs have an acceptance rate of less than 20%. This is one reason where applicants take more than the minimum requirement. They take more C++, Python, math courses and get some internship prior to applying.
UK vs US is just really a personal preference of where you want to work.

Back