• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career opportunity after MFE with 8+yrs in Consumer Risk Management

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have gone through some nice materials on career oppurtunity for Quants. But I haven't come across anything that answers my specific question. I am planning to do my MFE and awaiting my response from UC. I have a 8+ yrs of experience in consumer risk analytics and I have a engineering degree on Computer Science and Engineering. I want to get my masters and also wanted to move to wholesale domain and hence decided to do my MFE. However, I am not sure if my past experience in anayltics will be of any use ? Also, post MFE what kind of positions and oppurtunity I can look for ?
Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
dban

dban, I've seen people make the jump and I've seen people cover both wholesale and retail. Were you doing analysis of deposit activity or loans?
Thanks for your reply. My experience is all in loans. What kind of role do you see people moving into with my kind of experience ?

A friend who was a retail credit card guy (as opposed to someone structuring ABS) became a senior methodology guy in risk. Another guy covering retail cap markets moved to the wholesale side.

Thanks for your inputs Ken. Actually I am kinda exploring the options and your suggestions will be help me. I wanted to leverage my past retail experience and then explore my options post MFE. Will hedge funds and investements jobs a likely possibility. If yes, what kind of level and compensation will be expected around Chicago area? Any pointers on career movers with past experience in other financial fields like me will be highly appreciated.

Back