• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career path with combination of CFA and CQF?

Hi, I'm an undergradate student with Finance and Mathematics dual degree.
Through last months' research, I have decided to apply CQF in June 2012.
I know CQF can be applied in many finance field, but I have participated CFA program and pursuing in CFA level II in 2012.
In my understanding, CQF is particular designed for sell-side, but CFA is designed for buy-side.
I want you guys can give me some opinions about my career path in future. If I want to finish both of these two programs, which career path is best fit me?
An analyst in investment management company? or a trader role in IB? For myself, I don't really like pure programing jobs, or pure quant jobs, but also, I like quantiative finance very much.
I'm really lost right now, I want to find a way that I can combine my knowledge leanred in CFA and CQF.
If someone can help me, really appreciate it.
Thanks advance.

I am not trying to discourage here but, check out the following link:

http://www.quantnet.com/forum/threads/cqf-right-for-me.3008/

I guess, I am in the same boat as you but with aeronautical engineering degree. I am quite surprised the fact that you haven't been in IB even though you have finance and math degree. just wondering, which school did you go to?

If you find more about CQF or landing in IB, please do let me know

Back