• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cass Business School

Nahed

Nahed
Hello !
I'm going to Cass B-School Next year in Msc Quantitative finance. I Want to know what people think about the program (specially head-hunters)! job prospects in the city etc....
Nahed

Congratulations!

This is a direct question to DominicConnor.

Don't forget to share your experience when you get there.

Good Luck!

Perhaps the best time to ask a headhunter like me is before you sign up :)
I assume this is one of their math/finance programs ?

First up you should start trying to get an internship sooner rather than later. My call is that next summer will be the coldest market for interns that we have seen.

Obviously I don't know your background, but I hear about a drop out rate at Cass for people who can't hack the maths. You can never know too much of the right maths, and you need to start on filling the sort of holes that are inevitable for anyone who is doing a "conversion" masters.

Also check out the halls of residence for City University, the parent of Cass, since this can be a rather cheaper and less stressful option than the private sector.

Don't restrict yourself to the lectures at Cass, we have Finance Focus meeting a few hundred metres away, and Bloomberg, LSE, Imperial, QMC, LMU, King's and Birkbeck all have open lectures and seminars within 20 minutes travel (OK, this is London, 20 minutes to two hours :(

Yes I did a lot of research before accepting the offer at Cass. I knew what I wanted to study from the begining and they had the perfect match (numerical analysis and econometrics) . My background BBA-Finance/quantitative methods. 2 years experience at CDP capital in Montreal in an index and quant management team. Basically we replicate indices either cash or synthetic and we develop custom indices too...that requires a lot of research, programming (python VBA). We deal with various products : FX, bonds, equity derivatives such as equity swap, futurs....etc.
we manage a portfolio of over 20 billion CAD.
I'm quiet confident about my math skills , I already started to refresh those skills with exercises from the Stuart's calculus book.I'm not sure I want to go througt an internship program AGAIN . I'm going to look for an entry position in trading..Yes you'll tell me that it's harder now than two years ago. Well challenging situations are more interesting/motivating.
Nahed

hello,
i have been offered a place for Msc Mathematical Trading and Finance at Cass business school.

I am a computer engineer from Mumbai University in India and have 1 year of work experience in financial services firm as a junior analyst in risk management team.

I would want to know what are the chances of landing up with a job in London after sucessful completion of my course.

Back