• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chance of getting into top 5 / top 10 program

Hi,

I was wondering what my chances of getting into a top five program are. I'm interested in some type of quant trading after I graduate. My Stats:
  • Work Experience: 2 Years at a BB in a healthcare coverage group; 2 years in Venture Capital; spent the last four years working for a few of our portfolio companies in FP&A
  • GRE: 167 Q; 169 Verbal
  • Undergrad: Math Major at a top Liberal Arts School (Williams / Amherst)
  • GPA: 3.25
  • Coursework: Calc I-III; Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, Math Modeling & Control Theory, Set Theory, Stats, DIffEQ; 2 Intro CS Classes; 2 CS Theory classes-Data Structures / Theory of Computation; Physics including general relativity and E&M
I realize my background is a little bit all over the place but I've been thinking more and more recently about how I miss doing Math and want to get back into something that involves more of it. MFE seems like a good way to do that while leveraging my finance background. The big holes I see are on the probability and programing side and maybe some concerns around GPA / GRE scores.

Hi my friend, I have a similar background to yours. I have a CGAP of 3.3/4.0, 1-year full-time experience at a fintech company, and several other internships, would like to get connected.

Back