• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cheating

Dave Haan

aka nnyhav
“I guess I’m not as cynical as you are,” Neil Barofsky, former watchdog for the Treasury’s Troubled Asset Relief Program and presently the busiest cynic caught up in the government’s entanglement with the banking business, told The Observer.
In a time when everyone seems to be cheating—and most everyone getting away with it—we’d put it to Mr. Barofsky that there doesn’t seem to be much percentage in honest behavior. If Wall Street executives, tween idols and journalistic heavyweights are shirking the rules to get ahead, doesn’t it make sense for the commoners to do the same?
http://observer.com/2012/08/our-che...g-by-the-rules-are-all-out-of-style/?show=all
via 3qd

That's not my personal life philosophy by the way, it's the just the way the world works. You can have all the theories and dreams in the world but in the end empirical observation rules all. As an example outside of wall street, look at drugs in sport.

You'll get caught and go to jail. Is this enough of a reason to stay honest?

Not everybody cheats.

Your choice.

You read so much about cheating because people get caught. It is not easier to cheat and never get caught than to paly by the rules.

Moral reasons aside, cheating doesn't pay.

Back