Choosing a masters programme

Hi

I am a newbie on this site from Hungary. This is my last year in my Bachelor programme, which is an Economic and Financial Mathematics programme, so I have had many mathematical and statistical courses + a significant number of courses dealing with financial theory.

I would like to apply to a masters programme abroad, which is dealing with Mathematical Finance/Financial engineering. At first I would like to do a a masters in Europe, after which I would like to do an MFE programme or a PhD in the United States.

I have been checking programmes in Europe, but I can't decide, which would be the best for me, and I also can't decide, whether starting a one-year programme after a simple (3 years) Bachelor degree is possible . Could you give me some information regarding the following programmes?

WU (Austria) Quantitative finance
Quantitative Finance

Uva (The Netherlands) Stochastics and Financial Mathematics:
Stochastics and Financial Mathematics - Graduate Schools of Science - University of Amsterdam

ETH UZH Quantitative Finance (this is a one-year programme+internship)
Master Quantitative Finance

I am also interested in applying to Oxford (Mathematical and Computational Finance), and Imperial (both Financial Engineering and Mathematical Finance), but I am afraid that a simple Bachelor degree is not suitable for starting specialized programmes like these. What is your opinion on this? Do you have any other possible option for me?

Thanks a lot
Milan

In mathematics, I have had 2 semester of Mathematical Analysis, 2 semester of Algebra, 1 semester of probability theory, 1 semester of Measure theory, 1 semester of advanced probavility and stochastics, and I am going to have a course on functional analysis this spring

I also had two courses on statistics, and two courses on econometrics.

In finance, I have studied corporate finance, financial calculations (CAPM, APT, fixed income security pricing), and financial modelling (introduction to derivative pricing)

In programming, I am pretty good at Matlab and VBA, but know very little C++

Then you're more than competent enough to tackle the Imperial and Oxford programs. Whether they accept you is another matter.

Back