• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Choosing undergrad for Quant Finance/MFE path?

I'm currently in Grade 12 of high school, and I'm interested in pursuing a career in Quantitative Finance with a master's in Financial Engineering. I've been contemplating my undergraduate options, recognizing that there are multiple routes I can take. I am particularly drawn to the computer science side and leaning towards a developer role rather than a researcher. Considering this, I am unsure about the best choice for my undergraduate degree. Should I pursue a degree in Data Science, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, or Actuarial Science?

I'm currently in Grade 12 of high school, and I'm interested in pursuing a career in Quantitative Finance with a master's in Financial Engineering. I've been contemplating my undergraduate options, recognizing that there are multiple routes I can take. I am particularly drawn to the computer science side and leaning towards a developer role rather than a researcher. Considering this, I am unsure about the best choice for my undergraduate degree. Should I pursue a degree in Data Science, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, or Actuarial Science?
The role you’re likely looking for is a quant developer.

Computer science will be your best route. However, I’d really urge you to get a minor in financial mathematics.

I am quant developer and wish I had more math knowledge.

Back