• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

class dinner time

Please choose from the following options: (you can select more than 1)

• Monday July 2nd between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tuesday July 3rd between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Thursday July 5th between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Monday July 9th between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tuesday July 10th between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Wednesday July 11th between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Thursday July 12th between 6:30ish & 7:30ish

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jason, that was fast! Thanks a lot for coordinating this. Dan

My Vote: Thursday, July 12, 7pm

I'll start the campaigning for Thursday, July 12, at 7pm. It's pretty much the same time as the regular C++ refresher, so hopefully few of us will have any plans to shift around.

Please VOTE!

Hey guys, vote for the day(s) you are able to attend the class dinner, and the day with the most votes should be good for most of us. Thanks!

Only July 5 is good for me. But, as most can tell you, I am often invited to events only because the inviter knows I can't make it ;)

Only July 5 is good for me. But, as most can tell you, I am often invited to events only because the inviter knows I can't make it ;)

And what is the reason you can't make it? Does it have to do anything with Rio?

Common, Woody... :)
You have the best of both world. The current students don't even get invited to this dinner :smt102
We're gonna see you at your next BBQ party.

Really? Is this exclusive to incoming students only? hmmm~, I smell something like caste for some reason...

CLASS DINNER!!!!! Excellent idea!!! \\:D/

Any day after 7pm is fine with me. I am going to join a class and dinner regardless the fact that I am not taking C++ refresh course.

there should be an option for "none" or "other", for some people might not be able to attend any of those.

i'll be feasting on ukrainian delicatessen july 1-14 (not on the lower east side, but in ukraine!)

i suspect that a few others might take advantage of the 2 weeks window between refreshers and do some traveling, etc.

dinner times

well if you have any other time in mind, post it, otherwise, i doubt the majority of the full time workers can make it to any time outside of those dates, and weekends are probably not possible.

Really? Is this exclusive to incoming students only? hmmm~, I smell something like caste for some reason...
Probably the reason is that Andreas ain't big enough for all of us. And Dan knows that if he invites us, all of us will come. We just can't pass any opportunity to go out and pull his legs :D
i'll be feasting on ukrainian delicatessen july 1-14 (not on the lower east side, but in ukraine!)
Bring me back a bottle of Vodka, Dmytro. The real Voldka, not the drink-then-die vodka that Russianmike's been telling me :)
We'll drink to the wiki then.

And what is the reason you can't make it? Does it have to do anything with Rio?

well... I will be in Rio the week of July 16, but the week before we have clients visiting from Munich and I have to be entertaining :dance:

Wow...This dinner is for only incoming students.....ce n'est pas juste! (that's not fair):smt018

wooo, just curious, how many 07 students are taking refreshing courses right now?
Sigh, I can't make it, cuz it's in July. There will be other activities later on, right?

can someone please post the details:

Please post the details of the restaurant, address, phone number, style of food, etc..

Are we set for Thursday 7/12, 6:30pm?

The place is Andrea's, Italian restaurant (cash only, btw), located on 3rd Avenue between 23rd and 24th Street.

Back