• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Class Retaken

Hey guys, I was curious about how people evaluate students with retaking classes? I had my linear algebra in my sophomore year and got a C+, I then took a harder version of this and received a A-. Do you guys think it will hurt my application to CMU?
BTW, I have retaken several other classes to improve my grades from B to A. Is this gonna be an issue?
Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!

I don't think it will be an issue, and since it's in the past it doesn't really matter.

When I was considering a PhD in finance I asked the director at my school whether it would be better for me to retake math classes to get a better grade or take more advanced classes, and he said to take more advanced classes.

Back