• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Clifford Asness VS Barack Obama

The main idea of bankruptcy was to get rid of the union. Obama's administrations changed the game that union will benefit the most as a result of bankruptcy. They are voting for him, so he pays them back. And this is only beginning.

It looks like being middle class will be "unpatriotic" very soon.

I think a lot of people can relate to what goes on Asness' head these days :)

On another note, anybody knows how AQR is doing these days? Almost interned there during my undergraduate days..

As a joke a couple weeks ago, I suggested here at work that the government give the company to UAW to let them see what it's like being on the other side of the table for a change. Turns out somebody else in the White House has a sense of irony.

As for Perella, it's difficult to shed too many tears on either side of this particular flap. Politicians have power, and they use it in their ways for their reasons, but the same can surely be said for hedge fund managers. This letter to the editor is a prime example. I'm getting a bit tired of all the HF threats to keep their capital at home on this public-private SIV idea.

"The President’s attempted diktat takes money from bondholders and gives it to a labor union that delivers money and votes for him. Why is he not calling on his party to “sacrifice” some campaign contributions, and votes, for the greater good? Shaking down lenders for the benefit of political donors is recycled corruption and abuse of power."

A very brave fund manager. :)

Saw long ago the amont of money Obama got from UAW for his campaign...pretty big figure. Now shareholders need to "sacrifice" . Ridiculous!

As a joke a couple weeks ago, I suggested here at work that the government give the company to UAW to let them see what it's like being on the other side of the table for a change.

They are not going to be on the other side of the table. UAW said that they going to sell their shares after receiving them.

After Obama will be reelected for the second term, company will go to bankruptcy again, and UAW will get another 55% stake.

Oh, just noticed that "%" symbol is on the same keyboard key as number "5". Now I know how they come up with this 55% figure :)

Back