• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Carnegie Mellon University - MS in Computational Finance

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Admission results

Had mine last year. I definitely agree with Michsund that you should know your resume well. Also, the interviewer asked me a lot about my career goal, why, what if it doesn’t work out, etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone received the interview invitation recently?
I submitted the application on 9th December in 2020 and received a 'under review and updated' email on 15th December. Since then, I have not received any email(except for one that wish me happy new year hahahahahah).

I got the under review email about 2 days after you did, and I haven't received an interview invitation yet.
I think they're sending out the invitations in batches and according to this thread, all invitations for January have been sent out. I guess we need to wait for the next set of interview invitations in February.

I got the under review email about 2 days after you did, and I haven't received an interview invitation yet.
I think they're sending out the invitations in batches and according to this thread, all invitations for January have been sent out. I guess we need to wait for the next set of interview invitations in February.
Oh, thank you so much. Maybe what we need to do is to wait patiently. Wish you get the ideal offer!

Has anyone received the interview invitation recently?
I submitted the application on 9th December in 2020 and received a 'under review and updated' email on 15th December. Since then, I have not received any email(except for one that wish me happy new year hahahahahah).
same here.

Did the interview on 19th, Jan. Got the invite for interview on 12th. It was behavioral with admissions/program director.

Any idea about the acceptance rate of those who got the interview invitation?

I believe if you get an interview you have a high chance. After I got an interview I got in. But it’s a long tough interview. I found it harder then the Princeton interview.
Hi sir, I am yet to receive an invite when do you think is the last day they would stop sending invites. Could you help me with my admission priority order I am from cs and ml background with interest to become a front desk quant.
Cmu > Columbia > NYU > Stony B (felt they have good curriculum) > Gatech (alumni are having more careers in data science and less quant) > NCSU (felt they drive students to more risk related roles) > Univ of Minnesota.

It's hard to say about the last day they send out invites. They mention that you can get an interview invite anytime before the decision date. People have got interview invites in the last week of February too. You should take a look at the previous year's threads about the interviews to get a better idea

It's hard to say about the last day they send out invites. They mention that you can get an interview invite anytime before the decision date. People have got interview invites in the last week of February too. You should take a look at the previous year's threads about the interviews to get a better idea
yah correct, maybe we can wait until march 1st or so. did you get any admits so far?

Back