• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU NY Campus- Worth the money ?

roni

Cornell FE
I just saw a few pics of the quality of the lecture videos and I think they are amazing.

I am now debating whether I should apply for Pitt campus or NY campus (NY campus is much more comfortable and somehow cheaper for me).

Also,do Pitt campus students have have access to these videos ?

And, is anybody here a NY campus student ? would like to hear opinions on the experience.

Thanks.

I am not a CMU student but I have access to many current students and administrators of the program. Every students have same access to the video lectures. Class homeworks are posted on Blackboard system. Chance is you already know what Blackboard is.

You should visit the 55 Broad campus, attend the open house, sit in a classroom, talk to their students.

I'm amazed of how many people have not taken advantages of these opportunities to get a first hand experience. You would be surprised to learn how many people come away with a different opinion than before they come in.

I am not a CMU student but I have access to many current students and administrators of the program. Every students have same access to the video lectures. Class homeworks are posted on Blackboard system. Chance is you already know what Blackboard is.

You should visit the 55 Broad campus, attend the open house, sit in a classroom, talk to their students.

I'm amazed of how many people have not taken advantages of these opportunities to get a first hand experience. You would be surprised to learn how many people come away with a different opinion than before they come in.
Hey,

Yes, I'm familiar with Blackboard.
And, I think you are right... I should go and see what it is like to be in a video streaming lecture.
Will do this...do you know if I should contact the professors or the NY campus directly ?

Thanks.

Edit:
just noticed you mentioned their open house, will sign up :\ Thanks.

Yea, the open house is on Jan 26th...
but if the semester is over, I guess I'll need to wait.

Thanks for your help.

I think their next mini semester starts again on Jan 16 or about. So stop by their open house on the 26th. Rick, the program director will come down from Pittsburgh.
Then sit down in their class.

While you are in the 55 Broad building, go and visit the Cornell FE program as well. They are on 11th floor, CMU is on 5th floor, and NYU-Poly is on 3rd floor if my memory is correct.

Lastly, we will host an online chat for CMU MSCF right here this Thurs, Dec 16th at 9:30am

Admission Chats with Directors of MFE Programs

do cmu mscf students have perpetual access to the video lectures or they loose their login once they graduate?

Back