• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE CMU vs. Princeton

Hi Fellows,

I got accepted from CMU and am waiting for the Princeton result.
I am not quite sure of my decision if I were accepted from both schools.

It seems like CMU is more computational and quantitative where Princeton is offering 'Master in Finance' which is a bit broad program.
Also, CMU is 1.5 years and Princeton is 2 years which I think both lengths are okay...

How do you guys think about the two schools?

Thanks!!

Hi Fellows,

I got accepted from CMU and am waiting for the Princeton result.
I am not quite sure of my decision if I were accepted from both schools.
Please visit the Tracker https://www.quantnet.com/tracker/
Statistically speaking from the Tracker data, applicants who got admitted to Princeton and other programs tend to choose Princeton in higher number.
While you are there, please consider adding your timelines to our Tracker to help fellow applicants.
Goodluck and hope to see positive results for your applications.

Alain!!! You belong to freakonomicsexperiments.com? You've been recommending here ;)
instead of saying "flip a coin", I can send you to a place where they will do it for you.

I could go on a rant about been indecisive and going into this industry or about asking strangers to make a decision for you. However, I have read that studies show that human behavior likes when somebody else makes decisions for them. This site will do it for you and use your decision to study behavior. win win situation, right? :)

instead of saying "flip a coin", I can send you to a place where they will do it for you.

I could go on a rant about been indecisive and going into this industry or about asking strangers to make a decision for you. However, I have read that studies show that human behavior likes when somebody else makes decisions for them. This site will do it for you and use your decision to study behavior. win win situation, right? :)

hah, was going to answer that for you...probably wouldn't have been as nice :) that said, i'd also add something about people being too lazy to do any research at all.

I don't think I've asked for a decision... just wanted to know what people think.
And, thank you for your answer. It was really helpful, and your kind reply really improves the quality of Quantnet.

Back