• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Co-op jobs that will assist in getting a quant position

EdL

I'm a co-op student from the University of Waterloo enrolled in the MathFin and CS program. While my last few and current internships have been focused in software development, I wish to aim for a quant position, or something related to it before I aim for an MFE degree to assist me in finding a quant job. I've noticed that there are job titles like "Equity Derivatives Trading Analyst" and "Capital Markets, Finance, Product Control" posted by some of the banks in Canada. Are these the type of co-op jobs I should be watching out for, or should I just focus on software engineering and focus on studying to get into an MFE program?

Back