• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Columbia MAFN vs. Chicago MSFM

I have been admitted by both programs. I am still waiting for other results, however I would like to choose between these two programs first. I need some help to make the decisions. Thank you for any advice.
  • Career service and placement: I heard that the career service in Columbia is not that good. The internal competition is also huge. (Three quantitative programs) The placement status is not on the official website. The career service in Chicago got improved since 2011. However, I still cannot find any official placement status.
  • Class size: The class size for Chicago MSFM is more than 100 each year. I am not sure the class size of Columbia MAFN.
I am wondering whether anyone can give me some information about the placement, class size, and any other advice. Thank you very much.

Seems MAFN has a size of around 40?
MAFN accepted 60 full-time, 30 part-time students in 12-13 ac. year. The director of the program changed and he might have other policies towards admission this year. Tuition fee in 13-14 ac. year was increased by ~$12000 per annum compared to this year's. Judge yourself... Hope it helps.

Back