• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
Are you able to repeat the questions if you mess up?
No. You're able to test your mic/audio as much as you want beforehand, but once you click 'ready' and you're given the 3 questions, you have 90 seconds to think of a response and then you're given one shot to record your answer. You'll have a timer at the bottom of your screen showing you how much of the 3 minutes are left; your recording is then automatically submitted once the time is up.

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)

oooh I think I confused the masters in financial engineering with the masters in financial economics.

*** FOR MASTERS IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS THERE IS NO VIDEO INTERVIEW ***

In case other applicants are concerned, I emailed admissions and they said no video interview for Financial Economics, there is an interview for financial engineering. Hope this helps anyone else who was concerned that they didn't receive a link :)
Hi, did they mention the interview for financial engineering is a pre-recorded one or a zoom interview?

They didn't mention it. Sorry

I know that other schools, like MIT, have both. Most schools want to meet you in person before they accept you.

Does anyone know if Columbia is only considering the prerecorded questions that were included after the application this year? It seems that they had sent out live interviews by this time in previous years.

I personally have not received an invite for a face-to-face and have not heard of anyone else getting one either. It seems that they may be taking the same approach as schools like Cornell and only using the prerecorded 5-question interview.

Does anyone know if Columbia is only considering the prerecorded questions that were included after the application this year? It seems that they had sent out live interviews by this time in previous years.
I personally have not received an invite for a face-to-face and have not heard of anyone else getting one either. It seems that they may be taking the same approach as schools like Cornell and only using the prerecorded 5-question interview.

Same here, it was a prerecorded interview with 3 questions. When do we get our decision for Columbia mfe?, according to last year it was by first week of April.

Same here, it was a prerecorded interview with 3 questions. When do we get our decision for Columbia mfe?, according to last year it was by first week of April.
Last year the first round of decisions were given out sometime in February I believe. There was a decision deadline for round one admits of March 10th. I think the April admissions were the last round.

Last year the first round of decisions were given out sometime in February I believe. There was a decision deadline for round one admits of March 10th. I think the April admissions were the last round.
yes you are right just saw in quant net, but only admits were released in feb most of the reject are updated as march-may

yes you are right just saw in quant net, but only admits were released in feb most of the reject are updated as march-may
I think a decent number of those admitted would wait until close to the deadline hoping for results from other programs (CMU, Princeton, Berkeley), so you can expect Columbia to send out more offers shortly after that deposit deadline.

Has anyone received an 'application under review" mail yet? From what I gather, in previous years applicants generally would have received this mail by now.

Me too. Did u send the official score report??
You mean GRE and TOEFL? Yes. Did the video interview on the 10th.
They mention on the website as well that they will send a notification when the application is under review. But I haven't received it yet.
Has anyone here received the mail?

Back