• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
I was told by the interviewer. She seemed a little conservative so I would say this week or next is our best bet.

So far it seems that 6 out of 13 people who interviewed after 22nd have been admitted, while 4 out of 18 who interviewed before 22nd have been admitted, so i guess you might be able to get the result quite soon.

So far it seems that 6 out of 13 people who interviewed after 22nd have been admitted, while 4 out of 18 who interviewed before 22nd have been admitted, so i guess you might be able to get the result quite soon.

Hope so, the waiting is the worst part. ToT

For those who get admitted, do you know by what time we should send them the official transcript. Because I am still having my undergrad study, I will not be able to provide a final transcript before July. Will this affect my enrollment?

Yeah I'm in the same situation as you buddy. They haven't sent me further information after I accepted the offer so I'm not too sure what to send them but I'm sure an up-to-date transcript would be fine.

Yeah I'm in the same situation as you buddy. They haven't sent me further information after I accepted the offer so I'm not too sure what to send them but I'm sure an up-to-date transcript would be fine.
Thanks PraveenK. Do you know an exact deadline for an up-to-date transcript? My situation might be a bit difficult. When I entered my uni, I was under a four-year program where I obtained BA at third year and a master's at fourth year. Of course, I am allowed to leave with a BA this year. But by now, I am still officially registered as a four-year program student and the date of graduation shown on my transcript is still in 2016. I have contacted the school for changing my status of the course and they are doing it for me now. But I do not know when the official change can be made. I am afraid that I cannot meet their deadline of receiving an official transcript with the correct degree conferral date.

Thanks PraveenK. Do you know an exact deadline for an up-to-date transcript? My situation might be a bit difficult. When I entered my uni, I was under a four-year program where I obtained BA at third year and a master's at fourth year. Of course, I am allowed to leave with a BA this year. But by now, I am still officially registered as a four-year program student and the date of graduation shown on my transcript is still in 2016. I have contacted the school for changing my status of the course and they are doing it for me now. But I do not know when the official change can be made. I am afraid that I cannot meet their deadline of receiving an official transcript with the correct degree conferral date.

I don't unfortunately. On the gradengineering website they sent us, the information seems to be out of date. They said it was March 11th but that seems to be for students enrolling for the January semester. They also mentioned on the online application that they should receive the documents before the start of the term. A little ambiguous at the moment so I'm just waiting to receive correspondence from them.

I think as long as your university doesn't take over a month to do it, you'll be fine. I assume Columbia understands that some universities might take a while to produce an updated transcript.

I don't unfortunately. On the gradengineering website they sent us, the information seems to be out of date. They said it was March 11th but that seems to be for students enrolling for the January semester. They also mentioned on the online application that they should receive the documents before the start of the term. A little ambiguous at the moment so I'm just waiting to receive correspondence from them.

I think as long as your university doesn't take over a month to do it, you'll be fine. I assume Columbia understands that some universities might take a while to produce an updated transcript.
Thanks very much.

Can somebody else also share their interview experience, itd really be helpful.I just got my invite today, buy for MS&E. How many of you have applied to MS&E

It seems from the tracker that somebody already interviewed for Columbia MFE. Did anyone else get an invite?

I can also confirm that I have received an invitation for an interview by an "IEOR Ambassador" 2/4/16.

Anyone have any insight as to what this means in terms of acceptance?
How many applicants even get an interview?

I can also confirm that I have received an invitation for an interview by an "IEOR Ambassador" 2/4/16.

You are in.

So far, seems just a few applicants got invitation. The acceptance rate after interview was very high according to past information.

Back