• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Columbia MFE vs Berkeley MFE

Hi all,

I have been admitted to both programs and I am still trying to decide.

I'm an international student with only 1 short internship (not in finance), and I will either do a 2-months internship this summer before going to Columbia, or a 6-month internship before UCB (march 2015).

From what I've seen, the career service seems better at UCB, but I've also read comments saying that being in SF is a downside when looking for jobs on Wall Street.

I'd like to get a job as a quant or in structuring, I just don't want to do only code in back office.

Any suggestion would be extermely helpful ! (I'm going to upload the tracker :) )

Hi all,

I am also in the same boat, trying to decide between equally good programs!!
Any insight from people here would be very helpful!!

I would go to Berkeley. The career services there are top notch and having a 6 month internship before you begin will make you an even more attractive candidate. They have had strong placements even for candidates with little work experience.

6 month internship?? are there 2 internships or just one sox month long internship?

Many banks offer off cycle internships that can range from 2-6 months in duration. Some may require that you are enrolled during that period or that the internship forms part of your degree, whereas others do not. Doing one of these internships post graduation before starting your MFE program can be hugely beneficial.

Here's and example:

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/lang-en...ff-Cycle-Internship-London/en-GB?src=JB-13027

Back