• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Computational Chem project

A friend of mine is working at a prestigious chem laboratory working on computational chemistry and numerical methods. He is going to write a paper on numerical methods in chemistry and wants me to coauthor (I have a stronger background in statistics and comp sci than him). Should I mention the project on my resume at all?

Why not? You worry it has nothing to do with finance at all? Then put emphasis on the computational aspect of the research where you contribute.

I'm just worried that it would be taking up valuable space on the resume.

The way I deal with the space problem is by putting a link to my website with my grad projects on it. If they are actually interested in my academic graduate work, they can go to the website. If they're not interested, they were never going to pay attention to my mention of it on my resume.

Back