• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Consider bringing a cake

Hi, all:

Thank you for all your wishes. I am considering bringing a cake and share with you this evening. But I dont know when we can eat the cake.

Now I am thinking that there is a reception between 5 and 6. Maybe we can eat the cake then.

Any suggestion?:)

it'd better be a huge cake or a tiny reception!
i'm kidding of course, it's very kind of you to offer it.

i, selfishly, think it would be fine for us to eat it right before or during the class. however, since it's not just this year's students that are wishing you all the best, i think it would be fair to share the cake with everybody, and the reception might be a perfect venue for that.

your call.

:smt113

Cake!!! Awesome!
I am waiting for the evening impatiently. :dance: Muting, Muting, Muting

Andy, I think they were talking about The Financial Engineering Reception for new students and the awarding of the Ercolano Prize for the best student of the 2006 cohort which according to Professor Stefanica's e-mail took place on Wednesday, September 19, 2007, at 5 PM in Room 8-210.

Too bad I could not come, was eating hotdogs and waiting for my train at SBU on Long Island :)

Andy, by the way, when you (and everybody else) say "2006 cohort" do you refer to students who started the program in 2006?

See, thats a problem for me :) I don't know which one I belong to :) I've been around since 2002, but was taking AMF classes as a QMM student. My transcript says I started in Spring 2004, and I was away for year and a half :)

Back