• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Could anyone help to examine if I have an interview chance

Asian/21 years old
Only summer internship experince at America Capital Energy Corp.
Undergraduate in Purdue Management/Industrial Management/Economics triple major
GPA 3.95
Completed undergraduate in 3 years for 4 year program
Completely exposure to Math/Finance, a little lack in programming since I learned it before but not within Purdue Curriculum
GMAT 50/37 (Q/V) 710

I'm applying at R3 to New York, wonder if I can change to Pitts campus. But first of all, I do have a lot of preparation for the interview but don't know if I'm qualified for the chance.

Your profile looks fine and the interview is nothing hard, don't worry about it. If you already applied, I don't think you can change it. However, perhaps you will be able to move to Pitts once you are in, I'm really not sure about this.
And, what's wrong with the NY campus?

Your profile looks fine and the interview is nothing hard, don't worry about it. If you already applied, I don't think you can change it. However, perhaps you will be able to move to Pitts once you are in, I'm really not sure about this.
And, what's wrong with the NY campus?

I think it's more oriented toward students with professional experience and network, really doesn't fit into my profile

I think it's more oriented toward students with professional experience and network, really doesn't fit into my profile

I thought it was the other way around? students with little industry experience go to NY and students with connections/experience already go to Pitts?

I thought it was the other way around? students with little industry experience go to NY and students with connections/experience already go to Pitts?

Yep, someone answered the same question a few weeks ago. Plus, as far as I understand, the two classes that are taught in NY are taught by practitioners, so its a good thing to be closer to them:cool:

Back