• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Could anyone share the interview experience for admission of UW CFRM

what kind of technical questions do they ask? how easy or tough is it? do they give puzzles or to the point conceptual questions?

what kind of technical questions do they ask? how easy or tough is it? do they give puzzles or to the point conceptual questions?

Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability/Statistics questions. I was told I might be asked computing questions too but I wasn't asked any. The questions are pretty simple and (at least from my experience) the interviewing process is very good as the professor was nice and happy to answer questions from my side...

and just 15-20 minutes right? No behavioral questions? approx how many total technical questions?

and just 15-20 minutes right? No behavioral questions? approx how many total technical questions?

Yeah it should not be longer than 12-15 mins and has only technical questions. They do ask for the universities you have applied to and where in that list do you rank UW. Moreover, you get to ask questions about the program etc at the end. Do use that opportunity to assess how good a fit the program is for you. Sorry I don't remember the number of questions but my guess would be 7-8 not including any sub-questions.

I am only sharing MY interview experience. So please do not assume these details to be universal.... Best of Luck!

Hello,

Is there anyone out there still awaiting their decision/Interview calls from UW?
I still haven't got an interview call, beginning to worry a bit.

I was notified 2 weeks ago. I got accepted 2 days after my interview (which was 2 weeks ago so). I declined the offer.
The deadline isn't may as I've read on this post, it's may for online students only.

The interview is pretty short. I was interviewed by the "R boss". He did not asked me any questions about linear algebra or proba as my background is more than enough. He did ask me question about programing though. If you know a bit of R, it's a good point; a question he asked me: does R work with a generating function? (or something like that).

If you ever get an interview, I suggest you convince him you like programing.

I was notified 2 weeks ago. I got accepted 2 days after my interview (which was 2 weeks ago so). I declined the offer.
The deadline isn't may as I've read on this post, it's may for online students only.

The interview is pretty short. I was interviewed by the "R boss". He did not asked me any questions about linear algebra or proba as my background is more than enough. He did ask me question about programing though. If you know a bit of R, it's a good point; a question he asked me: does R work with a generating function? (or something like that).

If you ever get an interview, I suggest you convince him you like programing.
Thanks for ur input Galzra :)

Hello,

Is there anyone out there still awaiting their decision/Interview calls from UW?
I still haven't got an interview call, beginning to worry a bit.
I did not get notice yet, I guess they put me on the waitlist, which it really sucks !!!

Back