• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CQF Career placement

are there opportunities in India solely on the basis of CQF?
will it be enough for me to have a breakthrough in the world of quant finance? I am currently doing my B.Tech final year. I dont have any prior finance background
In India there aren't any good quant schools , so even a cqf could land someone a job in finance

I was already working as a trader while pursuing CQF so i did not take much help from career services. I really like the classes, content and extra videos of CQF . So on that regard its really worth the money and an excellent course. In India there aren't any good quant schools , so even a cqf could land someone a job in finance . Infact I had received couple of mails for interviewing with some quant firms in Delhi just 'coz of CQF , but I was not looking for a change so I declined to interview. They also send monthly emails notifying you of the job openings where you can apply.

But things may be entirely different when we consider US , there are grads from full-time well known universities , so it makes me think that why would a firm hire someone from some online course which they might not be aware of....and since you don't have relevant work-ex , it might make the search even more painful.. So I would not bank much on CQF for breaking into quant roles in USA...[/quote

Need some guidance.
After CQF are you working in India or US?
What are your thoughts on utility of CQF - Which fields will be typically open for CQF? Also are there enough opportunities for a CQF in India?I am told, USP of CQF is the blend of practicality and theory - is this correct ?
What are typical salary levels in USD for fresh CQF in the industry?

AS others have mentioned, the CQF does not have a careers service, partly because a good % are paid for by their employers, but you might ask yourself what else I do on the CQF apart from C++

Hi Darth
Based on your experience of the CQF how do you value its impacts on your career?
I have an IT background and I am interested into becoming a quant. I am trying to get as much as info as possible.
Considering my background and having read a bit on the requirements for entry level positions, I am wondering if getting the CQF would really help me.
I would welcome advices from anyone.
Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I am working as a Data Scientist in an IT Company in India. I am looking to get a role of Quantitative Analyst in companies like Goldman Sachs.
I got approval for CQF with some scholarship. I am not sure if its worth spending 4800 pounds for it

Hi All,

I am working as a Data Scientist in an IT Company in India. I am looking to get a role of Quantitative Analyst in companies like Goldman Sachs.
I got approval for CQF with some scholarship. I am not sure if its worth spending 4800 pounds for it
probably not but it might work

Back