• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CQF + FRM + MBA or FRM+MFE

post graduation advice ( CQF, FRM, MFE, MBA)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi, im currently a senior finance and math student (undergraduate), im lost between chosing what to continue after this year ends
i have alot of questions in mind
first of all does completing FRM and CQF outstand joining and MFE program? obviously completing the CQF alone doesnt outstand it so i thought of completin both, id be working at the same time and saving money, and instead of spending a huge amount of money on MFE id spend it on MBA (some have a track in financial engineering, but a track in finance or investment banking would also be good i think), this would help me get to a better position maybe?
considering my financial abilities i need to choose between plan A (CQF+FRM +MBA(financial engineering track or finance or investment banking) ofcourse first year FRM 2nd year CQF and 3rd year MBA)
or B(FRM + MFE( first year frm second or third year MFE)) since completing both MBA and MFE would cost me more than 200 thousand dollars.

i know i might have a weak argument and questions, but im still an undergraduate student and i have no experience about those stuff yet.
another question, i saw a course called CFE ( certificate in financial engineering) given by risk latte, is it good? is it better than CQF?
and a final question, concerning the CQF alot of arguments compare it to MFE some say its better some say the opposite, others say its a pre-course to MFE some say its a POST course, im really lost about everything.
And if someone thinks that there would be a better plan please do share
thank you for listening, i hope you would help
Bassem

Last edited:
Have you considered studying outside of the US? I'm pretty sure you can get a really good eduction elsewhere for a fraction of the price in the US.

considering my financial abilities i need to choose between plan A (CQF+FRM +MBA(financial engineering track or finance or investment banking) ofcourse first year FRM 2nd year CQF and 3rd year MBA)

As far as I know, MBA programs last between 3 and 4 years. It means that those 3 years of yours are going to grow.

Back