• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE CQF vs. MFE (very confused from posts)

I am considering either doing the CQF or an Masters in Math Finance/Financial engineering in the NYC/NJ area.

By way of background, I have an MS in EE/Comp Engg (Univ of Florida - 1990), passed CFA (1995).

I have been working on Wall Street for 15+ yrs, primarily as a developer/tech manager with C++/Java/SQL on Front Office Trading, Risk and Finance applications. I have done one some Quant/Model programming with C/C++, but mostly heavy application development design and development.

Recenlty, I moved into Project Management / Consulting role in Operations but have stagnated in terms of upping my salary.

I am curious about learning the mathematical finance aspect, perhaps segway into the Quant field with my background. I still have to continue my fulltime job to support my family.

Would you advice to me doing a 6 month CQF or considering going back part-time to a good school (such as NYU, Baruch..) for Masters (with expesive $, 3 yr committment and also disciplined Math training). What would be worth in terms of career potential..

Appreciate your insight.

CQF has little, if any in personal support you would get from a typical program. It's a mainly online program after all.
Keep in mind NYU program does not provide part-time students with any placement service. So their service is of limited help to you.
Essentially, you are down to CQF, Baruch part-time, CMU part-time and maybe few other local options (Poly, Rutgers, Stevens, etc). You may have to take a look into their fee schedule to decide. You do the tele-lecture thing at CMU.
A word of warning about the part-time program at Baruch. It's pretty intense and many people drop out after the first semester. It's a huge commitment in term of time and effort so do consult the students doing part-time there.

You may want to take at the CQF opinion in this thread CQF right for me? - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum

Back