• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Database for MFE internships

Hi, all:

Is there a database of internships for the recent MFE graduates that everybody (employer/employee) uses? I looked on the net and while I found some info here and there,everything was so scattered that I feel that there should be some sort of a posting board or database.

Please let me know if you know,

thanks,
edgar

What exactly do you need? The list of employers and companies that our students interned with? For the past three years that I browsed here, I don't recall we have any official database on QuantNet. Dan, the Director might have it, but not sure if he will share.

I remembered back in 2007, we did have a thread for the purpose of summer networking in Manhattan, then everyone put down there company/location/contact info for the purpose of a good location that we can get together for lunch.

If you need employment stats and where our students interned, I think the best way is to contact Dan's assistant.

I think edgar asked for a central database where MFE students apply for internships. The short answer is NO.
There are a few sites out there (simplyhired.com) that aggregate job posts from around the web. There are few such resources available for internship. If they are available online, it's quite a digging job to find them as you surely experienced.
It's a job better done by the career service personnel of your MFE program or collectively by several of your cohorts.

Back