• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Development careers before or after degree in financial engineering

I am currently working as software developer. I have good development and desing skills and i really like to code. I want to pursue an mfe but want to work in a role which requires both development skills and education received from mfe. In this way i figured out i can always stay in touch with software development so to also have a fallback option. Is this line of thinking correct or am i being too focussed on fallback options.

I researched about the careers after mfe , algo trading and high frequency trading were the fields which could offer both.

But i can try to find a developer role in either of field in which case is mfe really necessary as i figured experience would be more valuable. Am i right in this and also if i could suggest some other careers after mfe which require extensive programming.

Please let me know your thoughts on this

Thanks, then I would look for developer role in algo trading side and maybe try to move on from there

Back