• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Did anybody hear back from UCB MFE for round 4?

I see a few people being rejected, admitted, and waitlisted on tracker.
I contacted admission office last week and this week, but they said they do not have any updates for me yet.
The admission office said they will send out results before 15th, which is by Sunday.
Has anybody else heard back from UCB? Please share your experience. Thanks.

every tom dick and harry is getting waitlisted...dont worry...you'll make it to the never ending party soon...

did u get a reject yesterday ? l meant to say that if you havent heard back from them uptill now, you probably are waitlisted.i wouldnt take their rejection too seriously. there are lots of other programs out there. moreover you can ask them to give you suggestions to enhance your candidacy and reapply early in the admission cycle

My application is still under review also... Is there any posibility to get admited in these final days???

How many round of interviews have you gone through?

I had one round in Nov and did not hear back anything after that. I do not have any hope. It is already 12th and in case they want to select then they need to schedule the second round, which does not seem possible given ad com has to announce results by 15th.

I personally had two interviews, but second one did not go very well. Admission committee replined back to me they will have all results out by end of Friday.

I also had two technical interviews, one with an alumni and one with a current student. Both interviews I thinks were Ok but there were a couple of questions that I dont even understand. Do you guys know if UCB can send admission offers without a previous interview with Lynda??

I was waitlisted, but I never had an interview...I feel like that's a terrible sign for my chances. Trying to decide whether or not to sign up for the pre-program courses. On one hand, they'll still be helpful for whichever program I ultimately attend but the $6,000 fees and a lot of time is a steep investment.

I know of two applicants who were initially waitlisted with no guarantee and were offered an unconditional admit on 17th December, 2013.

I was waitlisted, but I never had an interview...I feel like that's a terrible sign for my chances. Trying to decide whether or not to sign up for the pre-program courses. On one hand, they'll still be helpful for whichever program I ultimately attend but the $6,000 fees and a lot of time is a steep investment.
Me too, I never had an interview, and they just sent me less than 3 e-mails, I don't have much hope to be admitted. They give 4 suggestions, retake GRE, take courses, read some books they suggest, reinterview on late Jan, How about you? Choices for me will be also simple, follow their advice, I will take one course and read books, but taking all or retaking GRE is suffering and I don't I can make it.

I know of two applicants who were initially waitlisted with no guarantee and were offered an unconditional admit on 17th December, 2013.
Could you please tell me where you got this info? We are really out of order to plan our 2014.

I am also in the same situation. They have asked me to retake gre/gmat, complete all preprogram courses and read books. I asked for a waiver but they simply said the ad com wants you to complete all the preprogram courses. Not sure how it would be possible to retake my gre and complete all preprogram courses along with the demanding job. Also, I have my cfa lvl 2 in June.

I have not registered for the preprogram courses yet and I am still not convinced to spend so much money. Given the level of commitment, I do not feel I would be able to perform well in each activity. And if I dont they will anyways reject me :)

Back