• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do admissions require transcripts from every college you went to?

Dex

Failed out of the first college I went to, then went to a CC and now in a four year. I received no credits towards my degree from that first university but is it still necessary for me to submit that transcript. If I have to submit that transcript how badly would it hurt my chances at making it into a good program?

Last edited:
While I didn't fail out of my UG, I had a 2.0 after my first semester. Did not affect me whatsoever with admits, and no I did not hide my grades from that first semester. Assuming you crushed everything you touched following failing out, I doubt it will have a meaningful effect on your chances either. Grade trends are important, and I think so long as the positive trend emerged shortly after your poor performance and you have consistently kept your subsequent grades high, most admissions teams will not bat an eye.

Back