• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do you guys not want to make money?

Do you realize there are complete idiots (including 16 year old kids) making 5 figures a month through IM (see forums such as BHW)?

Do you realize cryptocurrency exchanges are completely unregulated and it's like the Wild Wild West, you can trade as you wish uninhibited (case study, Steem/Steemit this summer, liquidity rewards - a certain user made north of $800k in roughly 2 months) ?

There are people here with Maths/CompSci/Comparable degrees Masters/PhDs from reputable schools. Why do you want to work as a quant for pennies, when you are educated enough to be making far more money??

Maybe there is something I'm missing. It's literally so easy nowadays to make money online if you have average programming skills, and basic reasoning capabilities.

Believe me, we just post here on our spare time. I also have a job offline so I am earning real money decently and it is better than being jobless.

Others could be working online as freelancers in their respective skills and field. You just need to see the bigger picture.

Do you realize there are complete idiots (including 16 year old kids) making 5 figures a month through IM (see forums such as BHW)?

Do you realize cryptocurrency exchanges are completely unregulated and it's like the Wild Wild West, you can trade as you wish uninhibited (case study, Steem/Steemit this summer, liquidity rewards - a certain user made north of $800k in roughly 2 months) ?

There are people here with Maths/CompSci/Comparable degrees Masters/PhDs from reputable schools. Why do you want to work as a quant for pennies, when you are educated enough to be making far more money??

Maybe there is something I'm missing. It's literally so easy nowadays to make money online if you have average programming skills, and basic reasoning capabilities.

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about

Some people have made fortunes on cryptocurrencies. Especially since cryptocurrencies are not regulated by anyone, you can speculate, raise, or lower the price. But I still think that such a business will not last long. I did not try to get involved in this, even if some friends advised me. I do better on Amazon, I'm sure what I do and that my business will not evaporate overnight. Now many are trying to do business on Amazon, if you like interesting, you can read on yourmoneygeek.com.

Last edited:
You may have heard that people make thousands of dollars by buying and selling goods on Amazon Seller Central. While it may sound too good to be true, people are making money as Amazon FBA sellers.

After all, E-commerce has moved mainstream. Anyone with a computer and initiative can start their own website. That website becomes your e-commerce store. The website is your storefront.
I sell amazon fba and Ebay on the side. If I went full time I could make enough money not to need a job, but I’m interested in quant finance and will work for at least a few years before making the decision to go one way or another.

Do you think that in this world exists a person who doesn't want to make money?! Everyone wants to do nothing and to receive money.
Of course, but when I ask you to loan me a fiver until next week (I'm expecting a check from Australia) you go all quiet.

Do you think that in this world exists a person who doesn't want to make money?! Everyone wants to do nothing and to receive money.
Well, there could be different forms of pursuit, a decent amount of money could be one of them. But, it certainly isn't a yardstick for me.

Almost everyone would appreciate enough money to live comfortably (and even then there are people who are gypsies/homeless by choice). But the desire to engage in money-making activities 24/7 is not universal. Even if this is a finance forum.

Don't worry friends. Derrick will save us.

Bitcoin.JPG

I learned how to invest stocks as a beginner on Flash Financial Guide and I have earned a good amount of money :) I recommend you too.

Back