• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Econophysics, Entrepreneur, and Lobbying skill in Financial World

Dear All,

I am male from Indonesia, so at first sorry for my english if I make mistake :)
I have background in Physics, focusing on Econophysics, Complexity Science, and System Dynamics.
Additional masters are taken in Sweden in the field of Sustainability Science (with a scholarship) thats where I strenghened my modeling skills.

Secondly I have experience in business and entrepreneurship for about 4 years. I started my own company, and I think I know many of things on how business works, espc. in this country.
Have applied my modeling skills in to several business projects with excellent results.

These years while I am doing my business, I realized and also have big interests (or talent?) in negotiation and lobbying skill. I am good in approaching people and make them feel comfortable, digging more and more information, and finally get a solution and all win-win situation. (sometimes I think people just love me :D).
I recently put more attention to this skill. I been thinking that may be this lobbying skill is my strongest point, while others are supportive.

So now I feel and conclude that financial world may accommodate more and more of both my research skills and enterpreneurial passion. And I am actually prefer an entrepreneurial route, or at least time-flexible job, as it suit my working style.

I was thinking of something like private equity, since there are development of such companies in Indonesia and it looks promising. But maybe there are other entry point.

So I really would need a suggestion about where (and how) should I take my next step.

Thank you for discussing this matter, looking forward to get advice. Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Cheers from Indonesia :) :) :)

Ibnu,
Jakarta, Indonesia

ptgdi at yahoo dot com

Back