• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

EFPL MFE vs. home country

I have troubles making a decision - I'm going out of my mind!! The choice is between EPFL's MFE (Switzerland) vs. Ms. Financial Economics in Denmark (which is probably going to be more like a Mathematical finance).

If I stay in Denmark, I would try to apply as a visiting graduate student at some good US or UK universities. I can basically take whatever finance courses I like - so I was planing on taking some mathematics and stochastic calculus/finance courses + credit risk modelling with David Lando and then visit a good US school (stay there for 0,5-1 year max).

If I go to Switzerland, I would follow the MFE and I think I would have to leave Switzerland after ending my education. There's almost no info about the placement, salary etc. and if there is, it's not official...

I like to live here and might want to work here after taking my masters but I'd like to have an "international" profile if I want to go to London (or something like that) in the future... Help! :)

Back