• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Energy Vs Finance

Over the last few days, whenever the DJ has been down, the two most affected sectors have been the financial and energy.

I can comprehend about the financial sector. What about energy ?

Why isnt it being talked about too much ?

Is it all lost amidst the credit crisis ?

Or do I overlook a lot of news :)

I'd guess there are way more financial publications than energy publications (for the general public). The subject can be rather dull, discussing shipping rates and exploration equipment leasing and government regulations and company merges and hedging methodologies (more interesting for us folks). It's complex and less 'sexy.'

I visit theoildrum.com daily where they have a 'drum beat' post linking to many energy articles.

Indian Rupee:

Dec 2004: around 44/$

Feb 2008: around 38/$

Oct 2008: 50/$

I had to correct my assumption that foreign exchange markets are not very volatile.

Back