• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Equivalent Martingale Measure and Market Completeness

Hi guys, I recently read about numeraire changing in Martingale Pricing technique. I heard the "Equivalent Martingale Martingale" dresses this issue and set a standard on whether there is a no-arbitrage price as the probabilistic expectation, called "Market Completeness".

So do you have any ideas about the theories above? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, this is the thing:

1. If there exist an Equivalent Martingale Measure such that the discounted present value of an asset is equal to the spot price, then there is no arbitrage price (First Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing).

2. If there is only one Equivalent Martingale Measure, then the market is said to be complete (Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing).

Yeah, this is the thing:

1. If there exist an Equivalent Martingale Measure such that the discounted present value of an asset is equal to the spot price, then there is no arbitrage price (First Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing).

2. If there is only one Equivalent Martingale Measure, then the market is said to be complete (Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing).

where did you see them?

Well I guess I have not made the question clear.
The traditional argument equates a risk-neutral measure to an equivalent martingale measure (EMM).
But I doubt if a debt or bond asset is unnecessary in construction of equivalent martingale measure.
Traditional arguments require at least one asset to be deterministic where as other assets stochastic, like a bond and a stock.
But I wonder if EMM still holds when all of assets are stochastic?

Back