• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Excel: extract the values that meet a criteria

Hi every body,

I have an historical data in the same worksheet, of stocks prices . Each stock with two columns: dates and prices. For the reason that stocks are from different contries, hence holidays days are different and then some dates are not availibale.

To avoid the biasis of correlation, i want to extract only stock prices that have the same dates in another worksheet, how to do so?

Thank you very much

Ps: sorry if my english seems bizad, cause it's not my first language :-\"

1. Generate a list of dates you want
2. Use VLOOKUP() on your original data set (an additional column) to indicate whether each row has one of the given dates or not
3. use SORT or auto filter to view only those rows with valid data (and delete the rest)

Use your ingenuity to figure out how to generate the list -- it could be an exercise in itself depending on your stocks.

VLOOKUP formula =VLOOKUP(B15,D2:Q12,2,FALSE) where B15 is a date

maybe i should try vba :smt111
this could help thank you so much

Back